Tuesday 27 June 2017

binomial coefficients - What is the sum of the second numbers in the first $100$ rows of Pascal's triangle (excluding the first row)?


What is the sum of the second numbers in the first $100$ rows of Pascal's triangle (excluding the first row, the row containing a single $1$)? The sum should be from the second to the hundredth row.





Pascal's triangle



Starting from the second row, I initially thought this meant you count from the left two numbers. So it would be $$1+2+3+4+\cdots+99$$ This means I get $4950$. I thought this would be too simple of a solution.



Could someone tell me if the addition I did above is all the question is asking from me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...