Monday 26 June 2017

linear algebra - Finding Null Space Basis over a Finite Field

I have more a systems background, but I have a math-y type question so I figured I'd give it a shot here...This is more of an implementation question, I don't need to prove anything at the moment.



I'm trying to find the basis of the null space over $\mathbb{F}_2^N$ for a given basis quickly and I was hoping someone here would know how.



For example if I have the following basis in $\mathbb{F}_2^{16}$:



$$

\left(
\begin{array}{cccccccccccccccc}
1 & 1 & 1 & 1 & 1 & 1 & 1 & 1 & 1 & 1 & 1 & 1 & 1 & 1 & 1 & 1 \\
0 & 0 & 0 & 0 & 0 & 0 & 0 & 0 & 1 & 1 & 1 & 1 & 1 & 1 & 1 & 1 \\
0 & 0 & 0 & 0 & 1 & 1 & 1 & 1 & 0 & 0 & 0 & 0 & 1 & 1 & 1 & 1 \\
0 & 0 & 1 & 1 & 0 & 0 & 1 & 1 & 0 & 0 & 1 & 1 & 0 & 0 & 1 & 1 \\
0 & 1 & 0 & 1 & 0 & 1 & 0 & 1 & 0 & 1 & 0 & 1 & 0 & 1 & 0 & 1 \\
\end{array}
\right)
$$




How would I find the null space basis for this matrix?



If I put my basis into reduced row echelon form, I could find it easily, but for my particular problem I cannot do that. I know there are exhaustive search methods, but the matrices I'm dealing with can be quite large, which make those impractical.



BEGIN EDIT



@Neil de Beaudrap, It has to do with the fact that I am actually splitting up the vector space and using part of it for another purpose. If I change this matrix with elementary row operations and put it into reduced-row-echelon form it messes things up....



I am unfamiliar with column operations, could you explain in a bit more detail what you are talking about? Thanks!




END EDIT

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...