Think of all infinite sequences of $0$s and $1$s. Let the set be $S$. I want to prove that the cardinality $|S|$ is greater than or equal to $|\mathbb{R}|$. I think it is useful to use the fact that the set $T$ of reals in $(0,1)$ has the same cardinality as $\mathbb{R}$. If I can create an injective function from $S$ to $T$ then it would imply $|S|=|T|=|\mathbb{R}|$. I think of taking the the infinite number in $S$, typically 10011001... and map to the number in $T$ with that decimal expansion, so 0.10011001.... Then wouldn't that be an injection?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
-
How can one proof the equality $$\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{k^v}{v!}=\sum\limits_{v=0}^k \frac{v^v (k-v)^{k-v}}{v!(k-v)!}$$ for $k\in\mathbb{...
-
If you think about the limit definition of the derivative, $dy$ represents $$\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\dfrac {f(x+h)-f(x)}{h}$$, and $dx...
-
How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...
No comments:
Post a Comment