Thursday 19 January 2017

Are geometric proofs less reliable than others?

When I submit a homework with a proof that uses a graph, ball, shape etc., most of the time the professors are not happy with them. They respond with a statement like:




"The proof you made seems very true but why don't you just make a usual proof without drawing anything?"



Of course this is something I can do, but I don't like proving something without any visualization.



So, is it because geometric proofs are more likely to be misleading?



Edit: For example: An open ball $B(x,\epsilon)$ is open.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...