Saturday 19 September 2015

discrete mathematics - Modular arithmetic for a beginner

I am a student who is struggling terribly with Discrete Mathematics 2. I've already changed my major from computer science to IT because it's just not a great fit for me but I'd still like to leave this course with some knowledge seeing as I've spent a great deal of money on college to begin with.




I am having trouble understanding modular arithmetic and I have to solve these two problems by hand:



$$89 ^ {307} \bmod 713$$



$$49 ^ {307} \bmod 713$$



If anyone could show me how to even approach this I'd be thankful. My class is learning through theorems which isn't helpful at all. I need this to be broken down like it's being taught to a 3 year old. Thank you for your help in advanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

real analysis - How to find $lim_{hrightarrow 0}frac{sin(ha)}{h}$

How to find $\lim_{h\rightarrow 0}\frac{\sin(ha)}{h}$ without lhopital rule? I know when I use lhopital I easy get $$ \lim_{h\rightarrow 0}...